Wessex Gauvain Society Constitution
The name of the group shall be “The Gauvain Society”
To manage the provision and organisation of an annual scientific meeting and dinner for the orthopaedic multidisciplinary team within the Wessex Deanery, United Kingdom. This includes members of the orthopaedic teams based within:
- University Hospital Southampton
- Queen Alexandra Hospital Portsmouth
- Poole Hospital
- Bournemouth Hospital
- Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospitals
- Dorset County Hospital
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital
- Salisbury District Hospital.
There are no membership requirements for the Gauvain Society. Healthcare professionals working within the Wessex Deanery, within the surgical speciality of Trauma and Orthopaedics will be eligible to purchase tickets for the annual scientific meeting and dinner.
- The Gauvain Society shall be administered by a management committee.
- The officers of the Management Committee shall be:
- The Chairperson
- The Treasurer
- The Secretary
- Any money obtained by the group shall be used only for the group.
- Any bank accounts opened for the group shall be in the name of the group.
- The Management Committee will ensure that the group stays within the budget.
The committee shall meet at least four (4) times each year.
Application of Surplus
The Gauvain Society shall not trade for profit. Any surplus of the Gauvain Society shall be used as a general reserve for the continuation and development of the Gauvain Society.
The group may be wound up at any time if agreed by two thirds of those members present and voting at any general meeting. Any assets shall be returned to their providers, if they require it, or shall be passed to another group with similar aims.
Adoption of the Constitution
This constitution was adopted by the Gauvain Society Secretary (Michael Newman) on 17th May 2019.